Education Specialist Degree in Leadership, Distance Learning
Apply Now for a Winter 2019 Start of our Totally Online Program
Outstanding Reputation, Real World Application
• 34-credit, two-year, post-master’s degree program delivered via distance learning
• Designed for administrators, teachers and central office staff who wish to gain knowledge and skills in school leadership and administration.
• Program qualifies graduates to apply for K-12 Administrative Certification with a K-12 Building endorsement.
• Oakland University’s Ed.S. in Educational Leadership is a rigorous program designed to prepare educators as administrative leaders in public and private schools.
According to a study of OU program graduates:
93% report the program helped them in their current position by
• increasing competency and professional abilities
• preparing them well for an administrative role
• providing opportunities for increased salary and networking
97% identify the benefits of the Ed.S. in Educational Leadership as
• opportunities for higher salary, outstanding program reputation and networking and working in a cohort model
Who Should Apply
School administrators, teacher leaders and directors in K-12 with at least three years of experience
Online Convenience, Dynamic Learning Community
All classes are delivered online with an internship in your local geographic area to provide flexibility for working professionals. Students take all courses together in a cohort. Campus visits are not required.
A Quality Experience to Expand Your Career Options
In-State Graduate Tuition Rates
Distance learning students pay the same tuition rate as in-state students. Tuition rates, www.oakland.edu/tuition
Apply Up to 28 of the 34 Credits toward OU’s Ph.D. in Leadership or 20 Credits toward the Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership.
Courses are taught by faculty with extensive experience as school leaders. Educators who are currently superintendents, central office administrators, principals, or specialists in areas such as school law, program evaluation, and school public relations are course instructors.
Students conduct a collaborative action-research project in their second year. It is an opportunity to apply research and theory in a school setting. Students may present the results at OU’s research symposium.
All participants are assigned a mentor in their geographic area for the entire program who is a recognized leader holding a position to which the student aspires. A mentor assists in broadening the participant’s experience, provides career counseling and expands the student’s professional network.
OU’s e-Learning and Instructional Support, www2.oakland.edu/elis/ provides an online orientation for students and Moodle (online course management program) assistance.
Application Steps and Time Line
1. Apply online with Program Number “4651” and “Distance Learning” as the Site.
The graduate application is available at: www.oakland.edu/grad/
Select Apply Now How to Apply to Graduate Program Determine your application requirements Online application Select Distance as your site preference
2. Submit all “Official Transcripts” mailed directly from the accredited college/university you received your bachelor’s and/or master’s degree to the Graduate Admissions Office at the address below. Upload other necessary documents to your application. A checklist is included in the application packet for your convenience and review.
Graduate Admissions Oakland University O’Dowd Hall, Room 520 586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
PHONE (248) 370-2700 • FAX (248) 370-3226 • E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Applicant files will be reviewed by faculty in the Department of Organizational Leadership for a recommendation to Graduate Admissions.
4. You will receive admittance status notification from Graduate Admissions
• Registration material and course numbers for the distance learning program will be sent to you directly from the Department of Organizational Leadership.
• You will receive information on how to login into your online course using Moodle, prior to the semester start.
Shannon Flumerfelt, Ph.D.
EdS Distance Learning Faculty Program Coordinator Oakland University, Department of Organization Leadership email@example.com or (248) 370-3036
Ann Marie Lindstrom, Program Manager Department of Organizational Leadership firstname.lastname@example.org
(248) 370-3070 phone / (248) 370-4605 fax