The Division of District Operations provides maintenance, operation, purchasing, and transportation support services to the school district, in order to order to support a positive learning environment for students, staff, and the community.
The Operations Division provides services to the school community by the following departments:
- Trades – Skilled Trades provide new construction and maintenance of facilities, classrooms, and furnishings
- Grounds – A full service Grounds Department provides grass cutting, snow plowing, landscaping, and complete grounds maintenance.
- Transportation – Our Drivers, Attendants, and Mechanics provide transportation services to students as well as conduct meal deliveries, districtwide internal shipping, and athletic / field trip transportation. Field Trips can be scheduled by calling or emailing Cathy Lee
- Engineering – Licensed engineers operate building systems including state of the art heating, cooling, and pool filtration equipment.
- Custodial – Provide a clean, sanitary environment for the learning process as well as extra curricular activities in the facilities.
- Safety and Security – The safety and security of facilities, students, and staff are critical to the efficient operation of the school district. Recycling and Hazardous Material Disposal can be coordinated through the Health / Safety and Security Supervisor.
- Purchasing – The Purchasing Department procures goods and services for the district, utilizing competitive bidding procedures, and other acquisition methods designed to create financial efficiencies and economies of scale.
Note, fingerprinting and name badges are now handled by Human Resources. For an appointment, call 313-827-3002
Division of District Operations Staff
Mark Andrews – Director of Operations
John Leacher – Health, Safety & Security Supervisor
Matthew Osinski – Grounds, District Trades and Labor Supervisor
Shawn Donohue – Assistant Director of Plant Operations
Denise Norburn – Secretary
Rick Sotres – Supervisor of Transportation
Patrick O’Reilly – Assistant Supervisor of Transportation
Cathy Lee – Morning Transportation Secretary
Anna Munoz– Afternoon Transportation Secretary