Medications at School
Download the Medication Authorization Form on the School Nurse Department Homepage
If your child needs to take medication during the school day, please be aware of the following highlights from the Dearborn medication policy:
- Any medication should be taken at home if at all possible
- Medications needing to be given at school are to be brought to and from school by a parent/guardian.
- Medications must be in their original container, labeled with:
-Name of student
-Name of medication
-Time of administration
-Route of administration
- Medications (prescription and over-the-counter) must be accompanied by written, signed instructions from a physician and signed authorization by a parent/guardian. These forms must be renewed at the beginning of each school year.
- It is the responsibility of the student to report to the office at the time the medication is to be taken, unless prevented by a disability or other reason.
- Refill of the prescription is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Expired medications will not be administered.
- Medications will be discarded if not picked up on or before the last day of school.