The Graphics Lab provides graphic services for the instructional programs in Dearborn Public Schools. The P.T.A. and other school-related groups that contribute to and support the instructional program are also entitled to use the Graphics Lab. Users are encouraged to self-help, but the Graphics Specialist will assist Lab customers in producing classroom-related material as efficiently as possible – both in time and material. The equipment available includes high-speed copiers, a color copier, laminators, a poster printer, die cutters, computers, badge makers, heat presses, and machines for binding & finishing. There is no charge for use of the equipment in the Graphics Lab, but a nominal charge for use of materials (copies, laminate, paper, etc.).
Please direct all Graphics Lab questions to:
Dearborn, MI 48124
Ph: (313) 827-3063
If main ASC door is locked during Graphics Lab hours call Carol at 313-827-3063
Graphics Lab hours during the school year:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm (closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Thursday is the LATE DAY from 10:00am – 6:30pm (closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
Call (313) 827-3063 for an up-to-date schedule and for days that the Lab is closed. Planned days off will be put on the answering machine.
The Lab is closed if the Graphics Specialist is not in. The Graphics Lab is part of the Technology Department, so please contact Media & Info Tech at (313) 827-3075 if Carol doesn’t return your call.
Additionally, the Graphics Lab is not open for business if the district is closed for a holiday or due to extreme weather. The Lab is generally open on Professional Staff Development days and when teachers are required to report for duty.
The Graphics Lab has a Kyocera COLOR Copier. There is a charge of 15 cents per side for Color Copies (the BEST price in town!) and 4 cents per side for Black Ink Copies . . . cash, check, or account number will be accepted for payment.
Here’s what the Color Copier can do:
- copies photos or any full color image
- enlarges & reduces
- collates and staples
- copies mixed stacks of originals (all black ink or full color) and charges are set accordingly
- copies from the glass, directly from a flash drive (PDF), or when sent from my computer (i.e. an e-mail attachment)
- paper size up to 11” x 17” (price 35¢ each)
- non-shiny photo stock or card stock (8¢ extra per sheet)… or bring your own special paper, but keep in mind that shiny surfaces do not fuse well!
Personal items (like family photos or party invites) are OK to do – as long as they don’t break the 3 rules… nothing political, religious, or for personal gain (making money directly or through advertisement). Now is your chance to gather up a bunch of stuff to color copy!
The Color Copier is only available for use when Carol is in the Graphics Lab. Questions? Call 827-3063