Dearborn Adult Education offers classes to help you learn to read, write, and communicate in English….. and help you acquire the skills and knowledge to become active and informed parents, workers, and community members. Classes will be offered for beginning, intermediate, and advanced learners. All classes will include listening, speaking, reading, writing, and numeracy.
Please Note – Class placement will be based on the results of the assessment testing done at registration.
ESL students must be 20 years or older as of September 1 and must not be currently enrolled in a high school. ESL students younger than 20 years are eligible if they have a GED or a high school diploma.
Classes will be held at:
- MBCC Center/Dearborn Heights Center, 22586 Ann Arbor Trail
- Littlefield Church, 7560 Littlefield Blvd.
- Park Side Church, 17200 Outer Dr.
- Salina Intermediate School, 2623 Salina Street
EVENING classes will be held at:
- Dearborn Heights Campus, 22586 Ann Arbor Trail
- Fordson High School, 13800 Ford Rd Dearborn, 48126
- Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W. Grand Blvd. Detroit, 48202
- Geer Park Elementary School, 14767 Prospect, Dearborn 48126
- Becker Elementary School, 10821 Henson, Dearborn 48126
- William Ford Elementary School, 14749 Alber, Dearborn 48126
- Henry Ford Elementary School, 16140 Driscoll, Dearborn 48126
- Miller School, 4824 Lois, Dearborn 48126
DAY classes are two-hour classes that meet for 12 weeks Monday through Friday from 8:30-10:30, or 10:30-12:30 or 1:00-3:00.
EVENING classes are three-hour classes that meet for 15 weeks Tuesday and Thursday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Call Adult Education at (313)827-1900 for more information.