Additional Strategic Plan Information
OUR COMMITMENT (what we will do)
Dearborn Public Schools will ensure:
- a safe and nurturing environment for all students
- a rigorous and challenging instructional program designed to meet the unique needs/interests of all learners
- dynamic and individualized instruction rooted in research and established best practices – every hour, every day
- attention to the development of the whole child
- strong, collaborative partnerships with families and the community that enhance opportunities for student success at every level
- an openness to new technologies, approaches and structures that enable the District to remain a leader of educational change
INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
- Consider student needs as the first priority when making any decision.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of every learner.
- Honor accomplishments through celebrations.
- Promote an attitude of lifelong learning.
- Develop strong partnerships within the community to support a culture of learning for all.
- Provide job embedded professional learning to enhance student success.
- Implement My Learning Plan (MLP) as an integral part of the daily lives of students.
- Provide a safe learning environment so every failure is a new opportunity to learn.
- Invest in staff at all levels to produce a caring and nurturing environment for students.
- Strive for best effort-everyday
OUR CORE VALUES
Honesty – To demonstrate honesty, we need to …
- Be truthful.
- Treat all people fairly.
Respect for Self and Others – To demonstrate respect for self and others, we need to …
- Be courteous and polite.
- Be an upstander – advocate for the rights of others
- Embrace, value and celebrate diversity
- Show kindness toward others.
- Accept others and be fair to all
- Treat others as we wish to be treated
Responsibility – To demonstrate responsibility, we need to …
- Be transparent
- Think before we act.
- Make informed decisions.
- Be accountable for our actions.
- Admit mistakes and plan corrections.
Integrity – To exhibit integrity, we need to …
- Be trustworthy.
- Keep our promises.
- Do our own work.
- Know and do the right thing.
- Make the right choice even when not popular.
Citizenship – To exhibit good citizenship, we must …
- Respect the guiding principles of our country
- Respect authority/obey the law.
- Be an informed citizen.
- Volunteer within our community.
- Be environmentally responsible.
- Pursue life-long learning.