Links to Virtual Field Trips
In this Edutopia article, writer/consultant Monica Burns recommends six online platforms that can be used to take virtual field trips around the world, build vocabulary and background knowledge, check out the setting of a novel, or make connections to current events:
- AirPano https://www.airpano.com – 360-degree videos and images from around the world;
- Good Maps Treks https://www.google.com/maps/about/treks/#/grid – Destinations include Egypt, Nepal, India, Canada, and the U.S.;
- National Geographic https://www.youtube.com/user/NationalGeographic – Videos about different cultures, foods, animals, and more;
- Nearpod https://nearpod.com – 360-degree panoramic views to spark discussions in science, social studies, and other subjects;
- 360Cities https://www.360cities.net – A collection of panoramic images from around the world; here’s a school version: https://schools.360cities.net;
- Google Arts and Culture https://artsandculture.google.com – Interactive views that let students walk through museums and explore notable architecture.