Passwords must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least eight (5) characters in length
- Contain characters from each of the following categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9) or non-alphabetic/special characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Passwords must be change once every 90 days
- The previous four (3) passwords are remembered and cannot be reused.
- After 6 failed attempts to login your account will be locked for a period of 30 minutes.
How To Change A Password In Windows
Once are logged on to Windows press Ctrl+Alt+Del
Then select Change a Password
Enter the current password and then the new password you want set for your Windows and Google Apps accounts
The new password needs to be entered a second time to confirm it
Press Enter or click the arrow (->) next to the new password field
Google Apps Password Policy
Windows passwords are synced with Google Apps. In order to change your Google Apps password, just change your Windows password by logging into one of the school’s computers and following the instructions above about changing a Windows password. You can then login to Google Apps with your new password.