The Dearborn Public Schools are committed to a set of beliefs regarding quality teaching, learning, and learning organizations, our hopes and expectations for our schools and community, and our desire to ensure successful realization of our Vision, Mission, and Organizational Objectives.
We believe all students…
- Can learn and will learn based on their different needs, wants, styles, and visions for success.
- Need active support from their family, school staff, and the community.
- Will learn to appreciate differences and similarities and to practice good citizenship from educators, families, and the community.
- Must have equal opportunities to learn and choices about how to learn through effective educational programming.
- Must have well maintained instructional facilities that support their learning needs.
- Must be ensured of sound financial and fiscal planning and support for their educational needs.
- Shall attend schools that have met external accreditation standards.
- Need and will be provided a nurturing learning environment
Further, we believe Dearborn Public Schools graduates and staff members shall…
- Proficiently use critical thinking skills.
- Effectively listen and communicate.
- Competently use current technologies for learning and creative problem solving.
- Skillfully solve significant learning problems.
- Actively model the Core Values.
- Skillfully participate as contributing members of their community
- Actively plan and implement life-long learning experiences.